Monday, October 21, 2013

Maybe Today by G. Perez-Vasquez

I will start this day counting my blessing

Thanking the omnipotent for the small and the immense

I will look at the sun set and see the beauty behind the fence

The splendor in the wake of my life

Maybe today I will watch his eyes, observe the clouds

And try to understand the magnitude of the sky

 

Maybe I will observe the rain, smell each stars essence or touch your smile

And however I can definitely I will fight the pass.

Walk over my scars.

I will ride the train that takes me throughout the firmament

 

Maybe today I will remember you and your absent 50th birthday

And thanks the universe for the great opportunity of having you in my path

Be happy with your smile, cry your tears or share our fears

Enjoy the essence the bath my skin

 

Maybe today I will end my day recounting my blessings

That like flowers field grow with love an

Give you my flesh my sight and my stressing 

~Gina Perez-Vasquez, student

No comments:

Post a Comment